Monday 2 February 2009

Martial Law or Just a Police State?

I have driven in the UK for quite a few years now and have always resented the intrusion of the police when I am trundling along minding my own business and behaving within the confines of the law.

Having driven a van for many years I always found that I was guaranteed to be pulled over for a so called "spot check" any time that I had a long journey that involved me travelling after dark, in addition to this are the regular daytime stops whenever there is a crackdown on tacho checks / benefit cheats / insurance sweeps / mot clampdowns / traffic census etc etc etc.

In all the above it is bad enough to be pulled over and treated like a criminal, your vehicle searched and inspected, your documents checked, your identity checked, your fuel checked.

Now I read in the Evening Telegraph that they are doing it with ARMED POLICE, supposedly as a 'training exercise', training for WHAT I ask?

I wasn't aware that we had civil unrest or were in a state of war (unless I've become very unobservant), I would be very concerned and quite frightened to be pulled over by armed police in this country - I thought the police were a civil force rather than a branch of the military.

We should all write to our MPs (www.writetothem.com)to demand that they ask questions about this behaviour before it becomes commonplace!


READ MORE at:-
http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Armed-police-stopping-drivers-in.4923408.jp

No comments:

Post a Comment