Sunday 1 February 2009

Hurray - hope for a good news story

Recently, I read a horrifying story of an addict mother who's children were being looked after by the mother's parents.

My understanding from what I read is that social services waded in and persuaded the grandparent to allow the children to be fostered "in the interests of the children", no sooner than they are fostered but social services persuade the grandparents to consent to the children being adopted, I believe it was suggested to them that they were unlikely to ever see the children again unless they agreed - pretty heavy persuasion methinks!

Is this another case of children being offered for adoption in order to meet targets? Surely the children would be better off with the family that loves and has cared for them, I don't think there was ever any suggestion that the parents were not providing good care for the children but at the age of 46 and 59 they were considered too old for the job!

On a very much brighter note - I have today read a story that a very rich benefactor has offered to fund a legal battle to return the children to the family they deserve. Whoever this person is - Thank You, you have lightened my day.

READ MORE at:-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/mailonsunday/article-1133115/Tycoon-backs-grandparents-fighting-gay-adoption-bid.html

No comments:

Post a Comment