Monday 6 July 2009

A peotic message to Ed Balls

From one of those poor, deprived, hidden, home educated young people he's so worried about - a poem:

"The Wolves are Running" by Lorien, age 15

I thought those days were over
I thought those days were gone
I thought those days were numbered
When we'd sing a protest song

I simply can't believe
That in a modern world like this
A war is quietly raging
And a Fascist World exists

The words "Lest we forget"
Have left a ringing in my ears
You'd have thought that Britain's children
Would remember all the tears

What did Great Grandad die for?
Why did Great Granny cry?
They laid down their lives for freedom
And we've all forgotten why

Now the children here wear brown-shirts
And they're spying on their friends
On their parents, their community
This poison never ends

We haven't quite got goose-steps
But we aren't that far behind
The lessons from the past
Have been forgotten by the blind

HITLER IS THE BADMAN
And he hasn't lost his B**LS
They're eroding all our liberties
Within those Whitehall walls.

Nazis were never conquered
And now we've become the Jews
They're forcing us to wear a badge
We have no right to choose.

Behind the might of the Red Rose
A swastika is seen.
Be careful here, all Children
They are part of a machine.

And this machine will crush you,
They will force you to comply.
They'll try to own your hearts and minds
And if you resist - Goodbye!

I know those days aren't over
I know those days aren't gone
And my days, they may be numbered
But I'll sing a protest song.
And it will go on and on

And on.


Thank you to Lisa at Renegade Parent for originally posting this and thank you to Lorien for writing it so beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment