Wednesday 1 July 2009

Government Debt - OUR DEBT

I was going to take a break for the day after my earlier rants, then I read this article in The Spectator.

I think they are spot on in their belief that Brown et al are operating a 'scorched earth' policy.

I believe that, with cynical disregard for the effect it will have on the people of this country, Labour are spending like crazy using money they don't have in order to mask the effects of the recession until the next government comes in. At that point the sham will fall apart and we will start paying the price - big time!

Read the article, decide for yourself:-

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/3729558/in-browns-debt.thtml

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article6613502.ece

2 comments:

  1. Painful reading but thanks for the pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be proven wrong. I reckon Labour know they have no chance of winning the next election but if the next govt (tories?) bear the responsibility of seeing us through the pain, Labour probably reckon their chances in the following election (2014/2015) will be good.

    I hate politicians!!!

    ReplyDelete