Thursday 5 March 2009

Risk Assessment

I have come across a poem which I like very much, as it is the author's intellectual property I'll just post an intro and a link so you can go read it yourself - it's well worth a click.

Since September 11th 2001, 70 people in the UK have been killed by terrorists.

In the same period, 400 people in the UK drowned in their own bathtubs, and 500 people were killed whilst doing DIY.


This poem is called: Risk Assessment.


I used to like bees
I’d watch them bumbling through the leaves
And hum along with their good vibrations
Until I learned that they killed more people last year than THE TERRORISTS did.
Now I write letters to the Daily Mail
Demanding strict border controls on the entrances to hives
And random police raids on patches of lavender.

READ it at:-
http://adaisythroughconcrete.blogspot.com/2009/01/just-or-bust-risk-assessment.html

1 comment:

  1. I love it.

    By way of reporting the contrary view, I recently asked someone who works for GCHQ how they would justify all this surveillance. Her answer:

    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. We must keep watching if we value our freedom. The reason why so few people have died due to terrorism is because we are watching."

    I wish it were possible to know more as it seems to me impossible to say whether this is really so!

    ReplyDelete